Date(s) - 06/24/2019 - 06/25/2019
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
13 spaces left out of 20
Categories No Categories
Participants will spend two days learning about the Reading Apprenticeship Framework and how to implement it into their daily routine. Training will take place in the Team Room at Woodworth Middle School each day from 8-3 with an hour long lunch. This professional learning opportunity is open to middle and high school teachers in core subject areas. Teachers will earn both SCECH credit and stipend for their time.
What you will learn:
- How to recognize and model for students the reading strategies you use as an expert reader in your subject area
- How to engage students in understanding their own thinking processes—the power of metacognition
- How to integrate and accelerate students’ subject area learning and subject area literacy
- How to foster learning dispositions of persistence, stamina, problem solving, and collaboration
- How to turn the sustained work of learning back to students, successfully
- How to plan lessons that incorporate all dimensions of the Reading Apprenticeship framework
Registrations are closed for this event.